Wednesday, October 10, 2012

PX No.568

PX No.568 by LANCEPHOTO
PX No.568, a photo by LANCEPHOTO on Flickr.

picturecrossing No.568 (X No.22) This was originally a blank shot from a camera malfunction but I used a collage of trash to transform it before leaving it in Rotterdam.

CAMERA: Plum-Colored Polaroid Impulse AF
FILM: Impossible Project PX680
DATE:6/2/2011 (collaged in 9/2012)

LEFT:PX No.568 was left in Rotterdam, Nederland on 10/7/2012 on the wall of an outer hallway in the Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen. (see photo below)

FOUND:PX No.568 was found several hours after it was left on 10/7/2012:
by Martin Sparreboom
"Your artpiece no. 568 is found at Boijmans van Beuningen Rotterdam Holland.
-- Met vriendelijke groet,
Regards, Martin"

see where it was left (and FOUND):
PX-568Ls

RECYCLED TRASH AS ART:
I use things like old, cheesy record covers, post cards, magazines and trashy paperback book covers as a starting point for my hand-cut and paste collages. I then use only objects found on the ground, in the trash, junk mail or recycling bin. Sometimes incorporating my own Polaroid photographs. I often leave them out in public as street art for everyone to enjoy (or destroy.) I have also started sending some as Mail Art. You can see more of my collage work here:
www.rayjohnsonfanclub.com

No comments: